Thursday, December 31, 2009

THursday 12/31/09

Happy New Year!

I am praying that 2010 is a much better year than 2009!

I am done with all my treatments, but the treatment is not done with me yet. As the doctors warned me, I am having more issues this week than before and it looks like this week and next will be the worst.

My mouth is still sore and I am on a fully liquid diet with supplemental nutrition via IV at the hospital 3 days a week. I am hopeful that I will be eating real food in the next several weeks. I am still having pain when I try and chew solid food and it hurts to swallow anything (even water). I am on pain killers and that helps with the swallowing but not the pain of eating.

I am also suffering from the severe burn that the radiation caused and you can follow the line around my neck that shows exactly where the radiation was entering my skin. This area is very delicate and burns and itches constantly. I am still treating this area with Domeboro lotion to prevent my skin from breaking down and then Remedy cream to help heal the area.

I go back to the Radiologist on the 20th of January and should be on the road to recovery by that time. At that time she will also schedule my base line MRI.

I will post again next week, but want to wish everyone a safe and happy new year.


No comments:

Post a Comment