Friday, November 20, 2009

Friday-Saturday 11/20-21


Well I finally fixed my photo upload problem so I will upload some of the pictures of the items I mentioned earlier on my Wed-Thursday Blog.

Here are the mouth products that I use 4-6 times a day for the salt water and baking soda rinse (far right) and the Stanford mouthwash (far left) 4-6 times a day. And then the fluoride rinse and finally the fluoride that goes into my trays for several minutes every night.


On the skin care front, the tube on the right is an antibacterial lotion to keep the acne from getting infected, this gets blotted on twice a day and the aloe vera and skin cream goes on the areas they are radiating to prevent/mitigate the burning of the skin. I am also using the cream on my acne to keep it from cracking as it dries out from the antibacterial lotion. I should point out that this was the first day I showed symptoms of the rash and since these pictures the break out is much worse, but by taking some Benadryl and staying on top of the lotion/cream, it does seem to be contained. The doctor said yesterday that he felt that I had not reached the full effect of the break out, oh good, something to which I can look forward.



When I saw the bumps, I looked at Stacey and said, 'Oh great, and the prom is this weekend!' Have to maintain the humor :) On a positive note both the Radiologist and the Oncologist have commented that it is good that I am reacting so fast to the chemo, they said that is a sign that the chemo is having an effect on the cancer and it is helping with the effectiveness of the radiation treatment.



I am starting to get more dry mouth and both my doctors commented on this during my exams on Friday. In fact, one doctor had the tongue depressor stick to the side of my mouth and had to be careful while moving it around. I am also having issues with getting going in the morning, I seem to be in slow gear for the first hour our so before I can get going. Then I do hit a wall in the evening where I do run out of energy. The doctors have said this is a combination of both the radiation and the chemo working on my body.

Well have a good weekend. Stacey and I are off to San Francisco for a night on the town with some friends, staying at the Hilton on the Wharf and then going to see the Richard Avendon exhibit at the SF Museum of Modern Art and have lunch with Bob and Lin Korns and then some drinks with John and Leila Weed.

No comments:

Post a Comment